ROASTED LAMB RUMP WITH POTATOES, ASPARAGUS & MINT SAUCE
Lamb rump is simple and quick to cook and gives you all the flavour of a roast. This dish can be made in less than half an hour for a tasty midweek supper.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
Put the potatoes in a shallow baking tray and coat in the oil, shake well and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
Heat a cast iron skillet or frying pan until smoking hot and brown the lamb rump on all sides. Remove from the pan and give it a good seasoning and sprinkling of oregano.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, scatter over the asparagus, put the lamb rump on top and cook for 15-20 minutes.
To prepare the dressing; in a small bowl mix the ingredients together.
Arrange the potatoes, asparagus and lamb on a serving board, drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
- 1 lean lamb rump portion 400g
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400g baby new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- ½ bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 large handful fresh mint
- 4 tbsp good balsamic vinegar